Validio is the next generation data quality company. Validio’s mission is to eliminate bad data and enable organizations to be data-driven with confidence. From startups to multi-billion dollar unicorns, Validio is used by data leaders of all sizes. We believe that you shouldn’t have to be an AirBnB, Uber or Netflix in order to have advanced ML-based data quality technology in place. We also believe that modern data teams and data engineers get better ROI by spending their time on other business-critical tasks rather than building and maintaining their own data quality infrastructure.
Here you will work with a senior team of data and machine learning professionals with backgrounds from renowned research institutions, leading startups, and established tech companies. Even though several members of our team have PhDs, we have all been working in the industry and place emphasis on cutting through the hype and building things that actually work and deliver real business value. And now, you can be part of our journey!
About the role
As the first outbound Senior Business Developer, you’ll be responsible for generating mid-market and enterprise pipeline for our sales team by designing and executing your outbound business development playbook for Validio. You’ll be working alongside top go-to-market, sales and marketing leaders to define and refine our ideal outbound prospects and how to reach them, and will follow those opportunities through their sales cycles to support - helping to drive Validio into more companies, and learning more about our sales process along the way. As a member of the Validio commercial team, a Senior Business Developer is responsible for supporting sales - finding and developing qualified opportunities in order to facilitate the overall growth of the business. Using a creative and strategic lens, the Senior Business Developer is responsible for identifying and qualifying opportunities for the sales team.
Your background may be unconventional; as long as you have the essential qualifications, we encourage you to apply. While having "bonus" qualifications makes for a strong candidate, Validio values diverse experiences.
Core responsibilities will include
- Perform detailed research at both the company and person levels to identify top prospects for Validio
- Prospect using a variety of tactics, LinkedIn messaging, social engagement, personalized email campaigns, and more
- Develop and test high-personalization sequences to target strategic mid-market and enterprise accounts
- Creating and testing new pipeline generation opportunities and hypotheses
- Collaborate closely with Growth Marketing on campaigns to ensure alignment on messaging/talk-tracks
- Create the playbooks for outbound sales work to create the foundation for the Business Developers and SDRs who will follow in your footsteps
- Meet/exceed monthly and quarterly quotas to help generate revenue for the business
You’ve got Business Development or comparable experience within B2B SaaS, (bonus if within the data or enterprise spaces), and are looking for the opportunity to take the wheel on designing the approach and playbooks you’re used to following. We’re looking for someone with grit, passion, intellectual curiosity, competitiveness, collaboration and creativity.
What you bring to the role:
- Previous experience either as an SDR/BDR, or in a closing role
- Outstanding communication–written and oral–including strong presentation skills
- Prospect research and personalization experience
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills
- High integrity, intellect, and self-motivation
- An iterative mindset (comfortable experimenting and failing forward)
- Interest in the data ecosystem
- Curiosity and grit
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Here at Validio, we offer you the chance to be part of something truly amazing and with a top-class team, there is no limit to what we can achieve together
Bonus points if you have:
- Outbound SDR experience into an engineering/developer/technical target
- Experience with Hubspot
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment (read: startup experience)
We promise that you will be challenged, pushed to develop your skill set and get the opportunity to work alongside amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world on our mission to eliminate bad data.
For now begin your journey with us by clicking "Apply" below. We cannot wait to meet you!