Validio is the next generation data quality company. Validio’s mission is to eliminate bad data and enable organizations to be data-driven with confidence. From startups to multi-billion dollar unicorns, Validio is used by data leaders of all sizes. We believe that you shouldn’t have to be an AirBnB, Uber or Netflix in order to have advanced ML-based data quality technology in place. We also believe that modern data teams and data engineers get better ROI by spending their time on other business-critical tasks rather than building and maintaining their own data quality infrastructure.
Here you will work with a senior team of data and machine learning professionals with backgrounds from renowned research institutions, leading startups, and established tech companies. Even though several members of our team have PhDs, we have all been working in the industry and place emphasis on cutting through the hype and building things that actually work and deliver real business value. And now, you can be part of our journey!
About the role
We are strengthing up our commercial team with a Director of Sales! This position is a rare (and fun!) opportunity to help shape the future of data quality and its real-world impact. In the short term, we are looking for a full-stack salesperson to drive sales and build scalable processes in a fast-growing startup. In the medium- and long-run run, we are looking for a revenue leader that will help us build the sales culture at Validio & drive the business strategy.
As our Director of Sales, you will drive our business by e.g. establishing deep business relationships and identifying key opportunities, verticals, deal structures, and solutions. Being a small team, we expect you to be hands-on with all elements within the sales process in the beginning - booking meetings, executing on meetings, building and managing the sales team, implementing processes, KPIs and reporting to our co-founders.
We believe that the ideal candidate is a player-coach by nature and has extensive experience in technical B2B SaaS sales that enables them to easily communicate the details of our product offerings while interacting with the technical buyers and influencers of our customers.
What you will do
- Be the sales lead for Validio globally - with a specific focus on Europe and North America in the beginning
- Own and hit or exceed annual sales targets, maintaining a robust sales pipeline
- Collaborate closely with other departments to achieve sales goals, implement best practices, and use a data-based sales approach
- Qualify leads/sales opportunities from outbound marketing campaigns
- Own the responsibility to grow the business in Europe, North America and globally. Grow your own sales team, go to events & meetups, etc
- Build the Sales Playbook further, build tomorrow’s sales foundation & strategy from your experience
- Accelerate customer adoption in close collaboration with our customer success engineering team
On any given day you might find yourself:
- Working with the co-founders to build out a comprehensive account strategy
- Working with product + engineering to scope a new feature needed to win a deal
- Strategizing with the co-founders and product managers about our GTM motion
- Having a conversation with our investors + board members about facilitating an intro into a target account
- Strategizing with marketing about targeted campaigns to increase inbound MQLs and SQLs
- Do targeted outreaches towards accounts that fit our ICP
- Assisting customer success with a tough customer call and/or strategizing with customer success about a land & expand motion on a specific account
- Partnering with recruiting and leadership to attract, interview, and close top commercial talent
- We're not looking for a coin-operated sales profile. We're looking for someone who's excited about building a GTM machine — someone who can contribute to improving our sales process, experiment with pricing, create sales materials, and more
To be successful in this role, you will:
Have 7+ years of experience selling technical software products under your belt (products in the modern data stack are preferred but not required)
- Have impeccable communication skills and stakeholder management
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment with integrity and accountability
- Understand and be able to teach complex technical concepts
- Have experience with recruiting either as a hiring manager or as a calibrated, trusted interviewer
- Enjoy coaching and motivating others, leading by example while demonstrating humility
- Possess an enthusiasm for working as part of a team and an ability to partner successfully with cross-functional peers
- Be capable of designing right-sized processes, keeping things on the rails while avoiding unnecessary overhead
- Love giving and receiving feedback
If you also have but not required then even better:
- Global business experience is a plus, with a special focus on defining and growing new markets
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Have solid experience successfully managing high-performing software sales teams
- A background from startups or younger companies and building things and processes from scratch
Here at Validio, we offer you the chance to be part of something truly amazing and with a top-class team, there is no limit to what we can achieve together.
We promise that you will be challenged, pushed to develop your skill set and get the opportunity to work alongside amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world on our mission to eliminate bad data. For now begin your journey with us by clicking "Apply" below. We cannot wait to meet you! 🚀