Validio is the next generation data quality company. Our platform monitors and validates both data in motion and data at rest on datapoint and pipeline metadata level. Validio’s mission is to eliminate bad data and enable organizations to be data-driven with confidence. We work with modern data teams and data innovators, who push daily what they can do with data to improve their businesses, customer experience, services and products.
Here you will work with a senior team of data and machine learning professionals with backgrounds from renowned research institutions, leading startups, and established tech companies. Even though several members of our team have PhDs, we have all been working in industry and place an emphasis on cutting through the hype and building things that actually work and deliver real business value.
About the role
Validio is looking for a product marketer to build and lead our product marketing team from the ground up. The Product Marketing Lead will drive the strategy for Validio’s positioning, messaging, and go-to-market team enablement. As the Product Marketing Lead, you will work closely with the marketing team, and will play a key role in planning and executing the product marketing strategy for Validio’s product-led growth motion.
This role will have an outsized impact on our growth trajectory, and will work with company leadership, product management, and commercial to bring our platform to new users, make their learning journey delightful, and increase our adoption with existing customers.
Why pursue a career in product marketing?
If you're currently working as a data practitioner but haven’t worked in a marketing or commercial role at a product company before, you might be wondering whether product marketing is the right career path for you.
Product marketing at a modern cloud data infrastructure startup means access to and influence over more parts of the business than normally possible in a non-executive position. From messaging to pricing and product roadmap, product marketers ensure the company's go-to-market strategy actually has the impact desired.
But you don’t need to have a day of marketing experience to excel in the role. Bogomil Balkansky describes the ideal technical product marketer as someone that just has "the right mindset, and the right functional skill set." With a deep understanding of and/or passion for the market and data engineering user, you're already halfway to exceptional. And while the cross-functional nature of this role between product and commercial can be challenging, it's equally rewarding. You'll see measurable business impact from your work, and gain a variety of skills that open the door to roles in product, marketing, operations, and even data leadership.
We believe you are/have most of the following qualifications
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field, e.g. economics, mathematics or engineering
- Around 4 years of experience in Product Marketing, (or around 6 years in similar B2B Marketing or Product roles), for a SaaS/cloud company
- Experience from the data & analytics space. If you see your career in this field long-term and you are ready to invest in learning about it, it is a bonus
- Direct experience of working with senior Product and Commercial leadership
- Coming from a fast-paced, high-growth organization, working with innovative and disruptive products gives you extra points
And that you have most of the following skills & attitudes
- Natural storyteller and communicator: apt at taking the highly technical and explaining it simply
- Visual eye: you can create imagery, videos and blog posts that not only hold great content but also look inspiring
- A quantitative mindset: You are able to measure what can be measured in your work. KPIs and targets is a no-brainer for you
- Detail-oriented: You like to get the details right and aligned across a wide array of materials
- Team player: You appreciate input from other team members and you like to involve them in your creation processes
- Prioritization: You thrive in a fast-moving environment where plans can shift quickly. You are able to reprioritize your tasks quickly and continue focusing on impact.
Your hiring manager will be Sara Landfors - Head of Product Marketing.
Here at Validio we offer you the chance to be part of something truly amazing and with a world-class team, there is no limit to what we can achieve together. We promise that you will be challenged, pushed to develop your skill set and get the opportunity to work alongside amazing and smart colleagues from all over the world on our mission to eliminate bad data.
For now, begin your journey with us by clicking "Apply" below. We cannot wait to meet you!