Validio is the next generation data quality and reliability company. Our next generation data quality platform platform monitors and validates both data in motion and data at rest on datapoint and pipeline metadata level. Validio’s mission is to eliminate bad data and enable organizations to be data-driven with confidence. From startups to multi-billion dollar unicorns, Validio is used by data leaders of all sizes. We believe that you shouldn’t have to be an AirBnB, Uber or Netflix in order to have advanced ML-based data quality technology in place. We also believe that modern data teams and data engineers get better ROI by spending their time on other business-critical tasks rather than building and maintaining their own data quality infrastructure.
Here you will work with a senior team of data and machine learning professionals with backgrounds from renowned research institutions, leading startups, and established tech companies. Even though several members of our team have PhDs, we have all been working in the industry and place an emphasis on cutting through the hype and building things that actually work and deliver real business value. And now, you can be part of our journey!
About the role
Validio is on an exciting growth journey and this is a rare opportunity to to be a founding team member of the Customer and User Success team in a very purpose-driven organization. This position is a rare (and fun!) opportunity to help shape the future of data quality and its real-world impact. As our Data Engineer & Customer Success Lead, you'll help our customers make the most of Validio's next generation data quality platform while also identifying new use cases that drive concrete value for users. You'll work with our product and go-to-market teams while spending a majority of your time working with our customers, users, and the community.
You will manage our customer relationships, become a trusted advisor to our users, and contribute to Validio’s fast-growing success. You will be the voice of the user and collaborate closely with product and engineering to make sure key improvements are added to the roadmap. In addition, you might take additional documentation and/or engineering projects to help improve the product to reduce support load. You must be able to capture and contextualize product feedback for our engineering and product teams, track issue resolutions, explain new feature enhancements, and mitigate/prioritize any pain points before they become critical issues.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the ultimate success of our customers and users, ensuring they realize the full value of the Validio Platform
- Responsible for the overall relationship with assigned customers, which will include growing adoption, ensuring retention, and building trust and advocacy across our customer base
- Support product marketing in developing customer stories, case studies, and references
- Proactively engage customers to ensure all needs are met and to troubleshoot any challenges
- Work with the commercial team to achieve renewals and expansions as customers grow usage
- Be the voice of the customer & user and advocate for their needs & product feedback internally
We believe you are/have
- 3+ years of experience in a technical customer-facing role (ideally for a data-centric product) and/or 2+ years of data engineering/software engineering experience
- Passion for helping customers achieve their business goals
- Understand data quality monitoring use cases and be comfortable engaging with data-savvy users
- Top-notch verbal & written communication skills and excellent project management skills
- Problem solver with deep empathy for the customer, you pick up on the non-verbal cues and understand the tone of the conversation and how to communicate the right message to each member of the audience
- Experience in the relevant products in the market such as Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Google Platform, Tableau, Looker, ETL technologies or other Analytics Solutions, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of product(s)
- Technical background a prerequisite, with the ability to understand modern data infrastructure development and advise on data quality problems across a variety of industries and use cases
And if you also are/have(but not required) then even better:
- 1-2 years leading a CS team
- Ability to hire world-class talent to support our customer growth
During the first 30 days you will: you will learn the ins and outs of the Validio platform and the data quality category. You’ll understand current customer use cases and what their data infrastructure technology adoption motivations and priorities are. You’ve communicated your preferred customer success software.
After the first 60 days you have: you have engaged with our customers and users repeatedly and started building a close relationship with them. You have a solid understanding of the broader data quality category and the key data infrastructure players that Valido’s customers use and that our platform integrates with. You’ve built and documented clear customer success processes.
After the first 90 days: you are perceived as a trusted advisor for our customers and users, guiding them through the platform, increasing user satisfaction and engaging in upsell opportunities with the sales team. You’ll also start expanding your team to support our growth ensuring Validio’s top priority is met: keep our customers and users happy.
Want to join us and help shape the future of the data age - apply here! 🚀