We are a group of ambitious builders with a passion for simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
Our founding team has decades of industrial experience of working with data in general and data quality in particular, and more than a decade of academic research with statistical and machine learning methods and software engineering. Being fed up with the lack of user-friendly, flexible, and scalable tools for efficient data quality management, they decided to build something themselves.
Validio is building the gold standard platform for data quality monitoring and validation.
And now, you can be part of our journey!
We need passionate DevOps/MLOps Engineers to help us in our journey, ensuring that our customers get their data lean and clean in real time. Sounds cool? Read on - it gets better!
About the Role
We are a small and pragmatic team who works closely together, and we’re growing quickly. This means two things:
1. The below description is not set in stone.
2. There is a lot of opportunity to grow with the company.
You will be a core part of our small but rapidly growing team, building the foundations of our platform - and being part of the journey of a lifetime!
We envision that, in your role as MLOps/ DevOps engineer, your primary focus will be on
- Making sure that our backend integrates well with our frontend and enables customer data and workloads to run smoothly through our platform in real time
- Ensuring reliable deployments of product modules and updates into batch and real-time customer workflows in on-prem deployments where compute is not on our cloud, but on our customers' devices/ private cloud
- Maintain and enforce the highest standards of security across all our infrastructure
- Work on hybrid cloud to bridge our private and public clouds
- Other responsibilities include documentation, hardware acquisition and regulatory compliance
Your key mantras will be velocity, scalability, and robustness. (Modularity and atomicity are also kind of big deals for us…)
About the Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Exciting phase of fast-paced start-up challenges with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth
- Prime location offices in central Stockholm (flexible remote work subject to discussion)
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare benefits
… as well as working with an amazing team on building a category leader in a ridiculously exciting space!
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day. Sounds familiar? Awesome!
- Deep understanding of the infrastructure-as-code ecosystem (including Docker)
- Extensive experience with orchestration/CI/CD tools (including Kubernetes and Gitlab)
- Solid understanding of AWS/GCP
- Been part of a team that has built, maintained, and secured on-premise products
- Experience with stream-based architecture (including Kafka)
- Proficiency with Python and openness to write some backend code
- 5+ years working experience (or convince us that you have similar level of expertise)
Additional desired (but not required) technical merits:
- Big plus for Java experience, especially writing Kafka connectors
- Experience deploying machine learning models into production environment
- Experience building/operating systems for data extraction, ingestion and processing of large data sets
- Experience with machine learning platforms (such as SageMaker, DataBricks)
- Distributed Computing Frameworks (such as Spark)
- Model performance monitoring
- Network Security
About the process
Our process is normally as follows: a first interview with our CEO, followed by an interview with parts of the tech team. Thereafter, a coding assignment will be provided, which will be presented to the tech team. Our recruitment process can be done in less than a week, mostly depending on your availability.
Starting date: As soon as possible.